A customized professional chemical peel will address your skin’s specific needs. An acid solution is used to resurface the outer layers of skin. A peel can reduce fine lines and wrinkles, improve hyperpigmentation, stimulate collagen production, increase hydration of the skin, diminish acne, and decrease scaring. They help to improve the texture of skin by shedding the outer layer of cells to reveal firmer, younger, smoother, more vibrant skin.
Some benefits of a peel:
- Improve skin color, clarity, tone and texture
- Stimulate new collagen and healthy skin cell growth
- Get a radiant complexion
- Correct sun damage
- Soften and diminish appearance of scars
- Smooth fine lines and wrinkles
- Increase hydration and skin firmness
- Address pigment issues: melasma, hyperpigmentation, age spots, dark circles, reduces blotchiness
- Control acne and remove blemishes
- Smooth out rough and scaly patches
- Help skincare products absorb more deeply increasing their effectiveness
Prior to receiving a peel, we recommend that you use professional quality skin care to prepare your skin.
Sensi Peel: “The gentle yet effective peel”
This peel is formulated as an option for all skin types, especially those with highly sensitive skin. This gentle 6% TCA solution will improve surface texture and brighten the skin while evening the skin tone. This multi-faceted skin-brightening treatment is an excellent option to minimize fine lines and wrinkles, leaving you with a smoother, clearer complexion. The Sensi Peel is an excellent option for sensitive skin and higher Fitzpatrick scale skin types.
Hydroquinone Peel: “The jack-of-all trades peel”
This enhanced Jessner’s formula is for those who want a more even skin tone and have no sensitivity to hydroquinone. This peel promotes a clear complexion and quickly lightens pigmented discolorations of all kinds, such as melasma and actinic damage. The Hydroquinine peel also helps inhibit acne and correct post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation form acne.
Hydroquinone & Resorcinol: “The solution for complicated complexions peel”
The most potent of the enhanced Jessner’s formulas, this peel will even skin tone and provide deeper exfoliation for oilier, thicker and more resilient skin types. It is extremely effective on sun-damaged and thickened skin. It is also excellent for those with active or cystic and asphyxiated skin (dry on the surface, oily underneath) or those who require deeper treatment. Say hello to your new hydrated, shine-free complexion!
Glycolic Peel: “The multi-tasking micro-peel”
Formulated from sugar cane, glycolic peels are a popular choice among those who are looking for an anti-aging treatment and/or want to brighten their skin. This polymerized micro-peel lightly exfoliates the skin with glycolic and lactic acids to refine uneven texture, clear and tighten pores, and minimize the appearance of fine lines. This peel also refines uneven texture and clears & tightens pores. It features a marine enzyme known to preserve the skin’s collagen network plus soothing botanical extracts to promote a smooth, healthy complexion with fewer breakouts. Glycolic acid minimizes the appearance of fine lines, lactic acid improves tone & radiance, promotes elasticity & collagen synthesis, and helps prevent future breakouts.
Salicylic Peel: “Sal Acid, acne warrior”
Exfoliating solution features salicylic and lactic acids that promote a dramatic clearing of acne lesions, diminish the look of scarring and discoloration, and clarify the complexion to help prevent future breakouts. Natural botanical extracts soothe skin, improve elasticity, and encourage a healthier complexion. Salicylic acid eliminates excess oil & pore-clogging debris while lactic acid reduces the appearance of scarring & discoloration, promotes the clearing of acne lesions, helps eliminate blemishes & prevent new breakouts, while soothing botanical extracts promote a healthier complexion.
Azelaic + Mandelic + Lactic Peel: “The no-fear brightening peel”
20% Azelaic + Mandelic + Lactic peel solution reduces inflammation, clarifies pores, and targets hyper-pigmentation. This peel features alpha hydroxy acids, soothing botanical extracts, and a gentle, non-irritating form of vitamin B to balance the tone and texture of your complexion. It targets dark spots & hyper-pigmentation, reduces redness & inflammation, clarifies clogged and enlarged pores, evens skin tone & smooths texture to create a brighter, more radiant visage.
Glycolic + Salicylic + Azelaic Peel: “The blemish-busting peel”
Triple-acid 25% solution targets congested pores and excess oil production while treating acne conditions. Features alpha and beta hydroxy acids, soothing botanical extracts, and a non-irritating form of vitamin B to treat and prevent clogged pores, stimulate cellular turnover, and improve tone and texture for a dewy, youthful complexion. It clarifies & relieves congested, irritated pores, regulates excess oil production, helps reduce inflammation & redness, targets blemish-prone skin to help minimize breakouts to reveal your flawless face.
Mandelic + Arbutin Peel: “The big guns anti-aging peel”
Skin-perfecting 30% mandelic acid solution enhances cellular turnover, visibly reduces hyper-pigmentation, evens the skin tone, reverses sun damage, minimizes wrinkles, and reduces deep lines. This peel formulation includes alpha-arbutin to naturally brighten and balance the complexion. It enhances cellular turnover and improves uneven tone, exfoliates without irritation, reduces inflammation & improves texture, reduces the appearance of wrinkles and deep lines, brightens and reduces the appearance of hyper-pigmentation & discoloration for a smooth, youthful appearance.
You will not be able to receive your peel if you come with any of these conditions.
- No Glycolic products for 24 hours
- No Accutane 12 months prior
- No Retinol products 14 days prior
- No use of Retin-A or any vitamin A derivatives 14 days prior to peel
- Not pregnant
- Not allergic to aspirin
- Avoid Hydroquinone products 72 hours prior to treatment
- No active cold sores
- Not received any chemotherapy/ radiation treatment within the last 6 months
- Not using any photo-sensitivity medications
- No Sunburn
- Avoid IPL/Laser procedures for 7 days prior (on area to be treated)
- No waxing, depilatory creams, or electrolysis 5-7 days prior (on area to be treated)
- Inflammatory rosacea within area to be treated
- Avoid alcohol 2 days prior to treatment
- Prepare for treatment with high quality skin care products 4-6 weeks prior to treatment.
Pre-Care Day of Treatment:
- Do not shave the treatment area the day of the procedure
- Arrive with clean washed skin. Omit lotions, creams, make up, or deodorant in area to be treated.
- Take antiviral agent for 2 days prior to and day of treatment if history of cold sores
- Patient denied today: active cold sores, herpes simplex, or warts in the area to be treated, open sores, sunburned, or excessively sensitive skin within the application area, pregnancy, dermatitis or inflammatory rosacea within the application area.
- ALWAYS use SUNSCREEN after treatment.
- No sun exposure, no tanning beds. ( For 3 days after treatment)
- Follow post-care instructions by your aesthetician
- To make your peel more effective we suggest adding onto your treatment either a microdermabrasion or dermaplaning treatment. This will deeply exfoliate your skin and take off the layers of dead skin allowing your peel to penetrate your skin more deeply.
- Your peel is only half the treatment. It is extremely important to follow up your treatment with high quality products and serums specific to your treatment goals.
- Get a microdermabrasion or dermaplaning treatment the week after your peel. You will have been peeling and shedding layers of your epidermis. Getting a deep professional exfoliation will completely take off the layers of dead skin you treated with the peel. You will feel fresh and your skin will glow.
How often should I get a peel ?
Treatments should be at least 3-4 weeks in-between peels. Depending on your goals and quality of skin we recommend a series of 3 to 12 sessions.
I’ve heard that you can layer a peel. How does that work?
Usually when someone is new to chemical peels we suggest you start with one layer lower intensity peels to see how your skin reacts. As your skin builds resilience you can do more than one layer (Can go up to 4-6 layers) to make your peel stronger and ultimately have more stunning results. (You may add-on layers for an extra fee)