Based on the ancient technique of Chinese Cupping Therapy which has been used extensively in Chinese medicine for thousands of years, Massage Cupping Therapy is a wonderful variation that combines massage movements and negative pressure with the use of a suction device on the skin.
A cup is positioned at the area to be treated in such a way that a vacuum is created within the cup that draws the skin and underlying tissue into the cup. This vacuum creates a suction and negative pressure effect that increases blood and lymphatic circulation systemically and to the local area, this pulls stagnation, pathogenic factors and toxins out of the body. It also loosens adhesions, lifts connective tissue, softens tight muscles,decreases pain, stimulates the peripheral nervous system, promotes freshly oxygenated, nutrient rich blood and lymph.
- Deep tissue work and release
- Moves stagnation and drains fluids
- Relieves Inflammation
- Nervous System Sedation
- Breaks Up and Expels Congestion
- Stretches Muscle and Connective Tissues
- Musculo-skeletal problems: pain, spasms, cramps, tightness, numbness, stiffness of the back and neck
- Loosens Adhesions
- Pulls blood supply to the Skin
- Treats muscle and joint pain and stiffness
- Intercostal Neuralgia
- Intestinal disorders
- Strengthens the immune system by promoting the flow of lymphatic fluid
- Cleans the blood and lymph and helps to balance PH levels
- Dispels colds and respiratory infections
- Bronchial asthma & congestion
- Gynecological disorders
- Kidney disorders (including frequent/urgent urination)
- Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Anxiety & insomnia
- Post-injury trauma
- Post-surgery adhesions
- Decreases cellulite
- Chronic gastric pain
- Activates the skin, clears stretch marks and wrinkles
The intended suction can range from light to heavy. It is versatile and can easily be modified to accomplish a range of techniques, from lymphatic drainage to deep tissue release. This complements many health modalities ranging from spa treatments to medical massage and physical therapy.
The sensation you feel the first time you receive a treatment is pretty indescribable. A treatment is sedating for the nervous system, so deep relaxation is often felt. The rings that are commonly left after a treatment are the desired result, these are NOT a bruise. These marks will fade as the toxins and blood pulled from within the muscles are flushed out of the system, on average between 1 to 4 days. Usually a mark will not re-occur in the same spot. After the stagnant blood/fluid is removed, better circulation is promoted and toxins are able to leave the body. Drinking water facilitate the removal of these waste products from your system.
This is NOT a bruise. Bruising is caused by blunt force trauma and the breaking of capillaries. Massage Cupping does neither of these things. The mark will dissipate anywhere between a few hours or in some cases, a week. Bruises also spread. The marks received from a Massage Cupping session will stay in a perfect circle, further proving that no bruising has occurred. It is also unlikely that the mark will re-occur in the same spot. After the stagnant blood/fluid is removed, better circulation is promoted and toxins are now able to leave the body. Massage Cupping is safely used on children, adults and the elderly.