Waxing is a semi-permanent form of hair removal ideal for all people that pulls out the entire hair from the follicle. Warm wax is applied to the skin, adhering to the hair, and is then quickly removed, leaving your skin feeling softer and smoother. Over time, when done consistently, waxing reduces the amount of hair that grows back, making it finer and softer.
The results of waxing should last for at least 3-4 weeks. The more you get waxed, the less angry and irritated your skin becomes.
How to prepare for a waxing
Any hair removal service can be uncomfortable because you’re removing multiple hairs all at once.
- Make sure to drink plenty of water before your appointment, and try to stay away from caffeine! Caffeine can make your skin more sensitive and result in some discomfort.
- If you are nervous about sensitivity, take ibuprofen about 30 minutes prior to your wax.
- Hair must be at least ¼ inch long (about 2 weeks of growth, or the length of a grain of rice) in order to get optimal results.
- Exfoliation and hydration are key for preventing ingrown hairs and reducing pain while being waxed. Gently exfoliate with a sugar scrub and moisturize the area 24 hours prior to treatment, and continue to do so post-appointment. (We offer a discount when you get our Signature Full Body Aromatherapy Sugar Scrub before your waxing!).
Hair Growth Cycle
Hairs are on different growth cycles. The finest hairs will start to appear anytime within 7 to 14 days after your waxing. The thicker hairs will grow back more slowly.
- After the 1st waxing, at about 4 weeks, most of your hairs will be grown back and the sneaky ones will still be there to remove with the rest.
After the 2nd waxing, you have fewer and finer hairs than before, you’ll know what to expect, and it will very likely be less painful.
By the 3rd waxing, all your hairs should be on the same growth cycle. Your skin should be less sensitive and you will be familiar with what the service feels like. This is the time to develop a plan for how frequently to schedule appointments.
- Full Face & Brow
- Full Face
- Eyebrow Shaping
- Brow & Lip
- Lip & Chin Combo
- Nose or Ears
Upper body waxing
- Back & Shoulders
- Half arm*
- Full arm*
- Hands & fingers
- Half leg*
- Full leg*
- Toes & feet*
- Extended Bikini
- Brazilian Bikini
- Maintenance Brazilian**
- Between the cheeks
Caution – Contraindications
We WILL NOT perform any services on someone with compromised skin health or strength. It is for your safety and beauty that we have chosen to kindly decline service to anyone currently receiving, using, or experiencing:
- ANY Antibiotics
- Retin-A/Prescription Retinol
- Herpes/Cold Sores
- Open Wounds
If you are using any product containing Retinol, Retin-A, AHA/BHA, we recommend that you stop using it 3 days prior to and after waxing
Absolutely no use of Accutane for a minimum of 6 months!
- Avoid Sun/Heat: no tanning (in a bed or in the sun), hot tubs, saunas, hot showers, or hot yoga. A warm shower is encouraged after waxing, just use a gentle cleanser to remove any remaining residue left behind from the procedure.
- Sun warning: We strongly advise planning your wax at least 48 hours before taking a vacation to sunny climes or waiting until you return.
- Friction: no running, jogging, cycling, hiking, canoodling, tight clothing, etc. Chafing the newly waxed area will irritate the skin and may lead to ingrown hairs.
- Products: no oils, creams, lotions, or fragrances/perfumes immediately after the service. Give your skin some time to recover.