Abdominal Massage in Seattle! The abdomen often gets neglected in the massage therapy world. It is necessary for the therapist to have a complete understanding of the anatomy and physiology of the tissue and organs in the abdomen, pelvic floor, digestive and reproductive systems to most effectively work with the structural, energetic, and emotional components of the body. Abdominal Massage is an external, non- invasive manipulation that repositions internal organs that have shifted and are restricting the flow of blood, of lymph, of the nervous system and of energy. It is beneficial for adults, children, and infants. It treats and soothes a wide variety of illnesses and discomforts.
Abdominal Massage can be done in conjunction with other forms of massage, such as Lymphatic Drainage or can be used independently. You may eat a small meal one to two hours before your session. While being worked on, you might experience some gurgling in your belly; this is called borborygmus. It means that the autonomic nervous system is relaxing. After your massage drink plenty of water, take a hot Epsom salts bath, and rest.
Benefits of Abdominal Massage:
- Promotes Digestion
- Relieves chronic indigestion or heartburn
- Relieves the discomfort of gas, bloating and abdominal “knots”
- Stimulates bowel movements (due to stress, dietary issues, medication and other health issues)
- Alleviates gastritis
- Relieves Gastro Esophogeal Reflux (GERD)
- Soothes the nervous system
- Corrects prolapsed, fallen, or tilted uterus or bladder
- Decreases colic in infants
- Releases inner emotions carried in the core
- Eases painful or irregular menstrual cycles and ovulation
- Remedies bladder or yeast infections
- Reduces miscarriages and eases difficult pregnancies
- Soothes endometriosis
- Treats peri menopause and menopausal symptoms
- Increases fertility
- Minimizes PMS & depression with menstruation
- Shrinks ovarian cysts
- Reduces uterine fibroids
- Lessens abnormal uterine bleeding
- Enhances pregnancy; aids in labor and birthing
- Relieves abdominal trauma (due to mechanical or sexual trauma, chronic inflammatory, and pain conditions.
- Relieves pelvic congestion and pain
- Decreases headaches & migraines
- Remedies digestive disorders
- Increases low energy
- Alleviates the pain & constipation of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Treats Crohn’s Disease
- Remedies chronic constipation
- Soothes low back pain
- Increases restricted breathing due to tension
- Decreases adhesions due to surgeries or C-Section
- Accelerates and maximizes detoxification
Contraindications, Cautions, and Modifications
There are certain conditions where application of these techniques are either contraindicated or require modification. Please consult with your practitioner if you have any questions.
- IUD (intra-uterine device for contraception) is present
- Recent abdominal surgery
- Active infection or cancer present in pelvic area, or while undergoing chemotherapy
- First trimester (19 weeks) of pregnancy (modification)
- Hiatal Hernia (gentle massage required)
- Active and acute infection
- Abdominal Aneurysm
- Diastasis Rectus
- Pessary for uterine prolapse (please remove prior to your session)
- Any serious health condition that causes you concern.
Uma Clinic offers Abdominal Massage in Seattle. We suggest you complement your treatment with Lymphatic Drainage for optimal results.
We look forward to being a part of your wellness team. Schedule your Abdominal Massage appointment HERE.