Look younger and more vibrant. Microneedling & skin tightening for our Seattle peeps. Tighten and lift your skin. Collagen induction therapy, also known as microneedling, is one of the most effective ways to kick-start the body’s own anti-aging process. A sterile tool creates tiny punctures in the skin, stimulating the body to heal and repair itself. This strengthens the epidermis, which prevents and reverses signs of aging. As your skin heals it produces more collagen, strengthens, lifts, and is primed to absorb all the benefits of your advanced skin care regimen. Our clinic offers Microneedling in Seattle on the face, neck, décolletage, all areas of body and head, and is great for all genders.
Microneedling is a quick and virtually painless procedure that will give you smoother, firmer, younger, more vibrant skin and erase years from your lovely face.
Benefits of microneedling:
- Diminishes fine lines, deep wrinkles on forehead, smoker’s mouth, and acne scars
- Tightens sagging skin
- Shrinks pores
- Reduces the appearance of stretch marks
- Remodels surgical, injury, and burn scars
- Increases effectiveness of skincare products
How is the microneedling done?
First, the area being treated is thoroughly cleansed topically, then deep cleaned via a brief microdermabrasaion treatment to remove all dirt, oil, and cosmetic residues from the pores. The skin is numbed for 15-20 minutes before the microneedling treatment is performed. Once the skin is completely numbed, a microneedle medi-pen (a medical aesthetic device that looks like a large pen with fine needles on the tip) is gently swept over the area, creating minute holes in the tissue. The body’s natural response is to heal itself by sending fibroblasts to the area. Fibroblasts are the cells that lay down building materials for stronger and healthier connective tissue. Cell turnover, collagen production, and elastin production increase and reverse the effects of time and environmental damage to the skin. Your skin will tighten and you will look years younger! We take care of all your skin tightening needs in Seattle!
Considerations – Contraindications:
- Psoriasis (active or inactive)
- Chemotherapy/ radiation treatment within the last 6 months
- Photosensitivity medications
- Accutane within last 12 months
- Avoid Botox, or fillers such as Juvederm for the last 2 weeks
- Blood thinners within last 2 weeks
- Retinal /Rentin A within last month
- Active Herpes (if you have a history of cold sores, please take an antiviral 2 days prior to and day of treatment)
- Avoid alcohol 2 days prior to treatment
- Prepare for treatment with high quality skin care products 4-6 weeks prior to treatment.
- Avoidance of IPL/Laser procedures for 7 days prior (on area to be treated)
- No waxing, depilatory creams or electrolysis 5-7 days prior (on area to be treated).
- If use of a peel was recommended in combination with the micro-needling, NO topical agents that may increase skin sensitivity, reaction to the peel, or dryness 3-4 days prior to the micro-needle (such astopical retinoid or hydroquinone products). No acids or defoliants that may be drying or irritating to the skin (such as alpha hydroxyl acid [AHA], beta hydroxyl acids [BHA], exfoliating masks, hydroquinone, or benzoyl peroxide acne products). If a peel is not recommended, avoid irritating products for 24 hours prior to treatment.
Microneedling Pre-Care day of treatment :
- No shaving the treatment area the day of the procedure
- Arrive with clean, bare skin. Omit lotions, creams, make up, or deodorant in area to be treated.
- Use an antiviral agent for 2 days prior to and day of treatment if you have a history of cold sores
- Treatment denied for: active cold sores, herpes simplex or warts in the area to be treated, open sores, sunburn, excessively sensitive skin within the application area, pregnancy, dermatitis or inflammatory rosacea within the application area.
Microneedling After care:
- ALWAYS use SUNSCREEN after treatment.
- For 3 days after treatment you may experience swelling, redness, and slight peeling. Your skin will look like you experienced a bad sunburn. Use only the products recommended by your esthetician.
- No sun exposure & no tanning beds (for 3 days after treatment)
- No sweating (for 3 days after treatment)
The microneedling your esthetician does is really only the first part of the treatment. It is very important that you use high quality skin care for the following several days after the procedure. Your tissue is open and like a sponge and absorbs everything that you put on it for the next 3 days. No over the counter products; use only the products you and your esthetician have discussed. For most beneficial results we recommend a variety of specialized serums that enhance the production of collagen. We HIGHLY recommend you use a serum that contains Epidermal Growth Factor (EFG). We feature the Le Meiux line of skincare products, which are well known and loved. If you are in Seattle, we are your microneedling specialists!
How often should I get this microneedling treatment?
Depending on the health of your skin and your skin tightening goals, we recommended that you do a series of 3 to 6 microneedling treatments every 3 to 4 weeks. It is also extremely important to use high quality skin care during and after your treatment, such as Le Meiux.
What other AntiAging services should I do?
Can I see some proof?
Before treatment and one week after first microneedling session. Note the reduction in the hoodedness of the eyes. Amazing, right?
As antiaging specialist, we look forward to Microneedling you in Seattle. Schedule your treatment HERE