Collagen Induction Therapy involves the use of tiny needles that stimulate the body’s natural healing process, resulting in cell turnover and increased collagen and elastin production and strengthening of the epidermis, preventing and reversing signs of aging. Microneedling can be performed on Face, neck, décolletage, areas of body, and head.
- Improves fine lines, deep wrinkles on forehead, smokers mouth and acne scars.
- Tightens sagging skin
- Shrinks pores
- Improves stretch marks
- Surgical, injury and burn scar remodeling
- Increases effectiveness of skincare products
This is a quick and virtually painless procedure that will give you smoother, firmer, younger, vibrant looking skin.
How is the procedure done?
First the area that will be treated is numbed for 15-20 minutes before the MicroNeedling treatment is performed. Then we use a MicroNeedle DermaPen to create tiny little holes in the tissue. As your skin heals it creates more collagen, strengthens, and lifts, and it is at its prime to absorb all the benefits of your advanced skin care regimen.
Considerations – Contraindications:
- Psoriasis (active or inactive)
- Not received any chemotherapy/ radiation treatment within the last 6 months
- Photosensitivity medications
- No accutane within last 12 months
- No Botox, or fillers such as Juvederm within last 2 weeks
- No blood thinners within last 2 weeks
- No Retinal – Rentin A within last month
- No active Herpes (If history of cold sores, please take an antiviral 2 days prior to and day of treatment)
- Avoid alcohol 2 days prior to treatment
- Prepare for treatment with high quality skin care products 4-6 weeks prior to treatment.
- Avoidance of IPL/Laser procedures for 7 days prior (On area to be treated)
- No waxing, depilatory creams or electrolysis 5-7 days prior (On area to be treated).
- If use of a peel was recommended in conjunction with the micro-needling, NO topical agents that may increase skin sensitivity, reaction to the peel, or dryness 3-4 days prior to the micro-needle (topical retinoid or hydroquinone products). No acids or defoliants that may be drying or irritating to the skin (such as alpha hydroxyl acid (AHA) beta hydroxyl acids (BHA), exfoliating masks, hydroquinone, or benzoyl peroxide acne products). If no peel, 24 hours without irritating products.
Pre-Care day of treatment:
- No shaving the treatment area the day of the procedure
- Arrive with clean washed skin. Omit lotions, creams, make up, or deodorant in area to be treated.
- Antiviral agent for 2 days prior to and day of treatment if history of cold sores
- Patient denied today: active cold sores, herpes simplex, or warts in the area to be treated, open sores, sunburned, or excessively sensitive skin within the application area, pregnancy, dermatitis or inflammatory rosacea within the application area.
- ALWAYS use SUNSCREEN after treatment.
- For 3 days after treatment you may experience swelling, redness, and slight peeling. Your skin will look like a bad sunburn. Use only the products recommended by your esthetician.
- Microneedling is really only part of the treatment. It is very important that you use high quality skin care for the following several days after the procedure, your tissue is open and like a sponge and absorbs everything that you put on it for the next 3 days. No over the counter products, use only the products you and your esthetician have discussed. For most beneficial results we recommend a variety of specialized serums that enhance the production of collagen, we HIGHLY recommend you use a serum that contains Epidermal Growth Factor.
- No sun exposure, no tanning beds. ( For 3 days after treatment)
- No sweating. (For 3 days after treatment)
How often should I get this treatment?
Depending on the health of your skin and your goals it is recommended that you do a series of 3 to 6 treatments every 3 to 4 weeks. Remember it is also extremely important to use high quality skin care during your treatment.
Can I see some pics?
Before treatment and one week after. (After one session)