Transdermal Serum Infusion
Nano Infusion, otherwise known as Nano-Needling is an innovate transdermal serum delivery system designed to rejuvenate and bring vitality to your skin. This type of treatment instantly allows up to 1000% more absorption of whatever skin care products you use.
This is a less aggressive, “no needle” alternative to microneedling. The nano infusion process is done with a handheld device or “pen” that moves the nano cartridge up and down onto the surface of the skin. You feel a vibration and sensation much like a cat licking you with its rough tongue. This technology is very safe, non-invasive and only enters the epidermis, therefore is painless but very effective.
This handheld skin care enhancement device with an array of pyramid-like Nano pins. Each pin on the array has a diameter smaller than a single strand of human hair, which is almost invisible to the naked eye. A standard Nano Wand carries 36 pyramid pins on a 16 mm Nano chip. It is manufactured from Mono-crystalline silicon, using advanced semiconductor fabrication technology. When these pins gently touch the skin, they form up to 200,000 invisible Nano channels.
These micro channels in the skin are a direct line to deliver products (nourishing serums) below the skin barrier and stimulate the regenerative processes and collagen production in the skin. The skin cells rearrange themselves to allow nutrition to pass through the skin barrier in order to help the absorption of skin care products and to effectively feed the skin and stimulate collagen & elastin production. Within 15 minutes, after the treatment, the skin cells in perforated layer return to their original position. Therefore, the skin naturally adsorbs the active ingredients many times more effectively through Nano channels, refining wrinkles, scarring, hyper-pigmentation, and other skin imperfections, improving and restoring the overall health of the skin.
There is no pain, inflammation, bleeding, or discomfort. Nano infusion is safe for all skin types and tones. There is no risk of post traumatic hyperpigmentation.
Benefits of Nano-Needle Infusion
- Enhances product absorption
- gentle exfoliation
- increases hydration
- penetrates upper epidermis
- infusion ingredients trigger the regenerative processes of the skin
- increases circulation
- softens lines and wrinkles
- evens skin tone
- improves skin texture
- improves appearance of acne scarring
- boosts collagen production
- aging skin
- crow’s feet
- fine lines
- large pores
- lip lines
- stretch marks
- areas traditional chemical peels and microdermabrasion cannot be done
Nano chip is a 16 mm, so it is very versatile to treat different areas on the entire face and body. You are able to treat an entire area for overall skin exfoliation & refinement. Or, target specific areas like forehead lines, crows feet, eye sagging & puffiness, hyper-pigmentation, skin discoloration, lines & creases around the mouth, loose neck, jaw lines, décolleté, acne, scarring, folliculitis, psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis, hair loss, spider veins…
Treatment Frequency & Maintenance
For optimum results, it is recommended to begin a course of 4 weekly treatments, followed by 1 treatment done every other week for 4 weeks and 1 maintenance treatment once every 4-6 weeks thereafter.
It is important to follow a professionally recommended skin care regimen using correct skin care products.
- Stop tanning 1 ½ – 2 weeks prior
- Any skin care regime that involves any acids a week prior (alpha hydroxyl, beta hydroxyl acid, retinol etc.) It is recommended clients just use a gentle cleanser for the time being.
- Do not consume any drugs or alcohol 24 – 48 hours before
- If you are prone to the Herpes Simplex Virus (cold sores, or even fever blisters) it is recommended you ask your doctor fora prescription of Valtrex to prevent an active outbreak. Start taking 3-4 days prior procedure, and 4 days post procedure
- Do not wax area desired to be treated a week before. Example, if you are going to have micro needling done to your face, DO NOT wax your face a week before procedure
- Make sure the you are in good health before undergoing this procedure. If you are unsure about any skin conditions/ conditions at all, please advise your doctor beforehand, and provide us with a doctor’s note.
These contraindications are very important and are here to help provide you with a safer procedure. Please read thoroughly.
- Clients must be in optimal health. Any pre-existing health conditions must be accompanied by a doctor’s note or will be declined service until further notice.
- Clients who are prone to hyper pigmentation. Darker complexion individuals are not ideal for micro needling or plasma fibroblast but are recommended for nano needling.
- Extensive telangiectasia (spider veins)
- Bacterial, fungal or viral infections
- Open lesions
- Skin rashes
- Any burns
- Active acne
- Clients who are using Accutane or are undergoing chemotherapy. If you are using Accutane and would like to undergo any procedure, please stop using for 4 weeks prior to procedure, as well as get a note from your dermatologist for their approval
- Electrolysis, waxing, hair coloring (must wait at least 2 weeks if treating the same area). For example, if you wax your face, you CANNOT undergo any micro needling or plasma procedures until 1 to 2 weeks after.
- Clients must be over 18 to complete procedures or be accompanied by parent/legal guardian.
Similarities Between Nano and Microneedling
Both the Nano and microneedling treatments use a pen-like device that oscillates a tip up and down to stimulate a skin reaction. They both induce cell turnover, serum infusion and provoke results in skin transformation: skin texture, pore size, skin repair, scar repair and overall better skin rejuvenation.
The Microneedling Difference
To understand the difference let’s start with microneedling. This procedure uses an actual needle cartridge with 12 fine pins that can be adjusted to different depths. This allows the practitioner to use superficial settings (0.5 mm) for delicate areas around the eyes and deeper depths (2.0-2.5 mm) for acne scars and wrinkles. The micro-injuries caused by the procedure stimulate the body’s natural healing process, increasing collagen and elastin production to promote skin rejuvenation. This procedure can also be effective for fine lines and wrinkles, stretch marks, acne scars, surgical scars and stretch marks. The skin is numbed for this treatment and there is about 24 hours of downtime where the skin looks like it was sunburned. These treatments are done monthly usually in a series of 3-6 treatments, depending on your age and skin condition. A consultation is necessary.
Nano needling, on the other hand, works a little different. It does use the same type of oscillating motion to treat the skin, but the cartridge encompasses 81 silicone tips. These microscopic hair-like cones separate the cells within the epidermis to allow active products to be pushed into the skin. Nano needling only affects the epidermis, treating within the upper .25 mm of the skin. The benefits of this serum infusion treatment include pigmentation reduction, increased cell turnover, skin rejuvenation, lift and tone and an immediate glow with no downtime. This treatment can be done weekly or monthly, in a series of 6 depending on what you are trying to achieve.